The house can accommodate 6 people in beds. On entrance to the apartment you will find a spacious open plan area with a fully equipped kitchen, the living room area with satellite HD-TV, sound system and dining table. From the living room area, you have on one side direct access to the veranda, overlooking the surrounding landscape and on the other the three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The veranda offers an unobstructed, magnificent view of the nearby olive groves, the Vrissinas Mountain and the clear blue sky reaching as far as the sea.
The main bedroom has a double bed. The other two bedrooms each have two single beds. Each bedroom has its own balcony. All of the bedrooms are air conditioned and have bedside tables and a wardrobe. The main bathroom is fully equipped with a bathtub, a washing machine and an electric hair drier.
On the lower level at the rear of the villa you will find a barbecue area, fully equipped, an outdoor dining table and the 22m2 swimming 1,40 m deep, sun beds and play area for the children. [The depth of the pool does not allow for diving.]
- Welcome basket included, courtesy of the owner.
- Quality towels, pool towels, linens, covers and blankets provided.
- Housekeeping, towels and linen changes twice a week.
-The water of the swimming pool is checked twice per week.
-Garden attendance once a week.
- Baby cot and high chair available.
- Free Wi-Fi coverage throughout the Villa
- Free, underground parking space inside the villa premises.
- All in-house electronics are available, including: a dishwasher, large fridge with freezer, electric stove, kettle, toaster, sandwich maker, microwave, coffee maker, food processor, washing machine, hair dryer, safety security box, CD and DVD players, iron and iron board. Cooking utensils and first aid kit also provided.
- All doors and windows have mosquito screens.
Guests have the entire property to their private use! Full access inside and outside the Villa! Your host may occasionally be at the premises, but will use an independent entrance and a separate apartment.
The privacy is quaranteed.
Our guests will come via Chania airport (65 km) or Heraklion airport (80 km) through the National Road from Chania to Rethymno or from Heraklion to Rethymno. By ship from Athens (ANEK Lines and MINOAN Lines) to Souda Harbour or to Heraklion Harbour. Also they could come from Santorini island or Milos island to Heraklion by ship, or from Gytheio (Peloponissos) to Kastelli Kissamou by ship and then drive via Chania to Somatas.
Interaction with Guest
At your arrival day, your hosts will be waiting for you, in order to welcome you and give you all the relevant information about the villa and the area!
Somatas is a small, quiet village (161 people ) near Rethymno, which lies 5 km south of the coast and is still close enough to main highways to reach a wide range of destinations. It has easy access from 3 different points. Two km away is the larger village of Armeni with a petrol station, supermarket, pharmacy, small regional cafes and local restaurants, where you can enjoy the unique Cretan cuisine. About 4 km away is the University of Crete campus (Humanities, Economics and Psychology Departments).
Renting a car is essential to explore Crete in all its glory.
The Late Minoan Cemetery, 1km far from villa Elina
The Somatas Folklore Museum, 100m far from villa Elina www.cretanbeaches.com/en/history-of-crete/museums/folklore-museums-and-collections/folklore-museum-of-somatas
Trek the small pine forest, about 3km far from villa Elina
St Ai-Stratigos Church, near to the foothills of mountain Vrissinas, about 2 km far from villa Elina.
St George Church in Somatas
The local community group organises various events throughout the year.
Opposite villa Elina is the village playground
Visit the Late Minoan Cemetery having as basis the Villa Melina!
Villa Elina is located in the picturesque and quiet Somatas village, just 7 km from Rethymno city and 5 km from the nearest beach, while the important archaeological site which is really worth to visit, the Late Minoan Cemetery, is about 1 km away.
The cemetery, which is the greatest Late Minoan III A-B (c. 1400-1200 B.C.) cemetery, was discovered on a low hill called Prinokephalo, which means "the hill of the wild oaks".
Systematic excavations started in 1969 and 231 tombs, including one tholos tomb, have been uncovered up to the present time. The main characteristic of the necropolis is that initially there was an overall plan for the cemetery which included special areas designated for the wealthy tombs and the poor ones. However, this plan was abandoned during the Late Minoan III B period and resulted in a mixture of large and small tombs throughout the cemetery.
All the tombs, with the exception of the unique built tholos tomb, were dug into the rock, and each consists of a corridor and a chamber (rock-cut chamber tomb with road). The corridor is composed either of a staircase or a ramp. The wealthier tombs possessed tombstones of different sizes.
Each tomb would probably represent a family group, containing multiple burials, either placed directly on the floor or inside larnakes. The grave offerings - pottery, weapons, tools and jewellery - provide us with useful information on art, religion and social organization of the period.
The main finds in the tombs were clay larnakes, fine decorated pottery bronze arms, utensils and ornaments, as well as seal stones and necklaces from semi- precious stones. Among the most important finds are a boars' tusk helmet, a basket made of reeds and decorated with small bronze pins, a steatite pendant with a Linear A and a stirrup jar with a Linear B inscription.
So, if you are looking for relaxation and tranquility at your holiday, while you want to know more about the history of Crete, the Villa Elina is your best choice. This new, modern, functional and sunny house is harmoniously integrated into the lush natural environment, it combines the simplicity and natural beauty with modern luxury and comfortable layout and it is the best basis for exploring the north and south Rethymno!
E4 Hiking European trail [Trail Armeni - Vrissinas - Prasses – Arkadi]
Gallos Gorge: a 6km long walk is along a verdant ravine
Combine your stay at Villa Elina with hiking at the European Trail E4
Villa Elina is located in the picturesque and quiet Somatas village, just 7 km away from Rethymno city, and be it can your basis for excursions and explorations in north and south Rethymno. It is a new, modern, functional and sunny house, which is harmoniously integrated into the lush natural environment and it combines the simplicity and natural beauty with modern luxury and comfortable layout.
Just one kilometer away from Villa Elina, there is the starting point of the route Armeni - Arkadi of the European E4 Trail, that waits for you to walk in it and explore it!
E4 Trail: The E4 is an international trail which starts from the Pyrenees Mountains in Spain and continues till Greece, through the former Yugoslavia. The E4 trail crosses Crete from Chania to Lasithi. In Rethymno Municipality, the Rethymno E4 trail consists of two branches, the north and the south. The northern branch is mainly aimed at those who are more interested in the Venetian period and the modern culture, while the southern branch is addressed to those who are focusing on the Byzantine period.
Route Armeni - Arkadi: The E4 trail, which crosses Rethymno, consists of 14 routes and one of them is the Armeni - Arkadi route, the starting point of which is located very close to Villa Elina. This is a quite difficult route during the winter, the best period of the year to walk in that is spring, the length of the route is 28 km and you will need about 10 hours walking in the trail.
The highlights that one can see during the route are the Minoan Peak sanctuary of Vrissinas, the valley of Potami Dam, the gorge of Prasses and the historical Arkadi Monastery. Due to the big length of the route, it can be divided in two parts (from Armeni to Prasses and from Prasses to Arkadi) or you can explore its biggest part by car.
- The total number of guests staying at the property may not exceed the number of sleeping places specified. People other than the registered guests may not stay overnight in the property.
- Guests are responsible to ensure that the property is left in a reasonable condition of cleanliness and in the same condition of repair as upon arrival.
- Smoking is only allowed outdoors.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Guests shall allow the owner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. The owner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
- The owner and the property manager will be available to respond to any guest inquiries during their stay.
- The owner and the property manager are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables.
- The owner and the property manager are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- Neither the owner nor the property manager shall be liable for events beyond their control, which may interfere with guests' occupancy, including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, or inclement weather. No rebate or refund will be offered in these circumstances.
-check in : 16.00-23.30
-check out : 11.00
First Aid Kit